It’s frustrating when you pump less and less milk, while your child drinks more each day. I get asked how I’ve increased my breastmilk supply for my son, so I made this video explaining 10 ways to quickly increase your milk supply fast. These methods help me keep up with my 9 month old, that eats 30-40oz in addition to solids (I pump exclusively btw). These methods are simple and may help you increase your supply within a few days. There’s a step or two that should work for you:
PRODUCTS MENTIONED IN VIDEO:
Medela Manual Breast Pump: https://amzn.to/2Mad0jk
Medela Double Electric Breast Pump: https://amzn.to/2MdsiE2
Breastmilk Storage Bags – 100 ct: https://amzn.to/2n0kk6q
Reuseable Breast Pads- https://amzn.to/2vbA0Ip
Earth Mama Angel Baby Nursing Kit : https://amzn.to/2v93pTA
100% Natural Lanolin Cream for Breastfeeding : https://amzn.to/2KiRqY8
Avent Bottles: https://amzn.to/2ABwzjf
How To Pump More Breastmilk and Increase Milk Supply Fast
- Make sure you’re using the right shield size. I had a small shield and was given a larger size by my lactation consultant.
- Pump longer than 15 mins. Most times 30 mins. Until no more milk flows, drain your breasts – this results in 3 or more let downs.
- Start at the lowest level and slowly increase strength. You need to be pain free, and relaxed to produce more milk.
- Use a double pump – or if you’re using a single pump, put a bottle under the other breast to save the milk (every drop matters)
- When I first started building supply, I would put a warm towel on my breast to stimulate let down. A warm shower also does the trick!
- Pump every 2 hours then aim for every 3 hours after a few months of establishing your milk.
- Drink lots of water – your body needs the fluids to convert into breastmilk.
- Eat oats
- Don’t stare at the bottle while it’s being filled, or worry about production. Do shoulder rolls, eat a snack, or watch a tv show to help you relax.
- Look at photos of your little one
Why Relaxing Increases Milk Supply
The key to pumping more milk, is to relax and drink a lot of water. Relaxing allows oxytocin to be released which aids in let down and milk production.
Why You should Hydrate while Pumping
You need to drink lots of water because a majority of milk is composed of H20. Additionally, imagine the amount of water that leaves your body in the form of breastmilk each day. That’s over 20oz! You need to replenish, replenish, replenish your sources!
I truly hope that this video, and tips help you during your pumping journey.
What are some tips that help your pumping journey a little easier?