Wondering what are the health benefits of eating chia seeds – Especially for vegan/vegetarian diets?
Chia seeds are a staple in our dairy-free-home. We add it to our smoothies, water (yup you read that right!), cereal, and even eat it directly from the jar to spoon. This superfood is small in size, but packed with lotssss of health benefits, so we try to incorporate it into our diet whenever possible. Interestingly, chia means “strength” – which doesn’t fall short of it’s name because of all the health benefits that I’ll dive into below.
Health Benefits of Eating Chia Seeds Often
Loaded with Plant Protein
- If you’re vegan, vegetarian or searching for a source of plant protein in your diet look no further! There’s almost 5 grams of protein in 2 tablespoons of chia seeds.
Packed with Antioxidants that May Reduce the Risk of Breast Cancer and Boost the Immune System Function
2. Antioxidants helps to prevent the damage of the cells in our body, and can help to combat diseases such as cancer and cardiovascular disease. In turn antioxidants helps to boost our immune system.
here’s more Chia seeds health benefits:
3. Perfect Egg substitute! Just add 3 tablespoons water and 1 tablespoon chia seed= 1 egg.
4. Mix with water for a super nutritious energy drink on the go.
5. Can Lower Blood Pressure since Omega 3 acts as a blood thinner
6. Amazing Source of Fiber which prevents Constipation
7. Omega 3 Fatty Acid which have been found to increase cardiovascular health by raising the good cholesterol ‘HDL’ that prevents heart disease.
8. Lots of Potassium and Calcium for your dietary needs
9. Promotes Bones and Muscle Growth
10. High in good fats which is perfect for vegans/vegetarians who are seeking a healthy alternative